At HealingSpace Medical Center, we offer Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® for men, women, and children of all ages. This ancient technique involves gentle external massage that guides and supports organs back into their optimal position, allowing for improved functioning for optimal health and wellness.
The Arvigo Therapy is renowned for its effectiveness in addressing misalignment or congestion in the reproductive organs of both men and women, as well as many common digestive disorders. The techniques effectively alleviate tissue congestion and organ constriction to improve the vital flows of energy, blood, lymph, and nerves in the abdomen. It also addresses and releases emotional and energetic tension from the abdomen, helping to prevent the progression of chronic disease symptomology while improving the body's ability to self-repair and balance.
What Can Arvigo Abdominal Massage Help Address?
Arvigo Therapy may help address a variety of symptoms and conditions, including:
For Everyone (Infancy to Elderly):
- Digestive disorders (Crohn's, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease, Gastritis, Constipation, Indigestion, etc.)
- Muscular tension
- Urinary system issues (incontinence, frequent urinary infections, etc.)
- Varicose veins
- Fertility enhancement
- Post-surgical recovery (scar tissue, recovery, etc.)
- Menstrual disorders (painful/irregular periods)
- Pre-conception through postpartum
- Discomforts of pregnancy; birth preparation
- C-section/hysterectomy surgery recovery
- Pelvic organ congestion (endometriosis, cysts, fibroids)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Chronic bladder/yeast infections
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Early stages of BPH (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, erectile dysfunction
What to Expect During a Session:
Your session will begin with a comprehensive review of your past and present healthcare needs, focusing on reproductive and digestive health. Your practitioner will then perform upper and lower abdominal massage to help align reproductive and abdominal organs to their optimal position, improve circulation to organs, and promote vital flow to support the body's inherent healing capacity.
The practitioner will also evaluate and apply bodywork to improve the alignment of the spine and provide instruction on self-care massage to enhance your professional session. Additionally, recommendations for complementary modalities to support your health and wellness may include traditional lower abdomen support wrap (Faja), traditional herbal pelvic steam bath of the Maya (Bajos), castor oil packs, nutritional and herbal support, and lifestyle education.
Your practitioner will work with you to address your specific needs, and typically, 2-3 professional sessions (at a minimum) are required to address most conditions. Clients who perform their self-care massage on a routine basis report an improvement in their symptoms.
Schedule your appointment for Arvigo Abdominal Massage at HealingSpace Medical Center and experience the healing benefits of this ancient technique.